April 27, 2010

espadrilles

Here's a true (and kind of embarrassing) story. Recently I was reading a rather forgettable novel (Kinsella? Keyes?) in which the young female protagonist kept referring to slipping on her espadrilles. Somehow in my two decades of education and countless years of shoe loving I had never come across the term. Wikipedia quickly resolved that. And now that I've been educated on proper footwear vocab I'm dreaming of adding these preppy espadrille sandals from jcrew to my summer wardrobe. How perfectly sweet would they be with a white eyelet dress on a balmy June eve?

2 comments:

  1. funny you should mention these - i was fondling a more classic looking pair last weekend (covered, sans heel).

    what do you think... tan or navy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. navy i feel would be nice and you would wear it more. but i would have to see the tan to know assuredly.

    ReplyDelete