April 20, 2010

awful library books





Okay I'll admit it, I have a serious flaw when it comes to buying a new book. I always judge a book by its cover. The prettier the cover, the more likely I am to buy it. If the cover isn't eye catching - well, it better come with a very good recommendation from Oprah (or Katie). And don't even get me started on paperbacks with movie posters for covers, I cannot stand to have them on my bookshelf. I made a small exception for An Education because I was desperate to read it and I couldn't find a copy sans Carey Mulligan on the front. Anyway, I know Katie loves a good book cover as well, which is why I'm sure she'll find Awful Library Books as hilarious as I do.

Librarians Mary and Holly are the curators of his quirky little blog that showcases outdated and often quite odd public library holdings. The covers are anything but pretty and often border on offensive but they're certainly worth perusing if you're looking for a giggle.

2 comments: