August 29, 2009

(tiny) girl crush: Tavi




Tiny 13 year old dork that sits inside all day wearing awkward jackets and pretty hats. Scatters black petals on Rei Kawakubo's doorsteps and serenades her in rap. Rather cynical and cute as a drained rat. In a sewer. Farting. And spitting out guts.

So reads the 'about me' portion of thirteen-year-old Tavi's unbelievable fashion blog, Style Rookie. But don't be fooled by her name - this girl is certainly no 'rookie', fashion or otherwise. When I was thirteen, I was obsessed with GapKids and TigerBeat, certainly not Balenciaga and Vogue. I was CERTAINLY not on my way to becoming a style icon, with fashion spreads in cool UK magazines. Tavi's blog is (very) random, cute, and brimming with wise 13-year-old insight and way-above average tastes. How badly do I love/covet the cut of the pink teddy sweater? I never thought I'd be jealous of a thirteen year old's wardrobe. Style on, Tavi.

1 comment:

  1. this is embarassing. i want to be bff with a 13 year old.

    ReplyDelete