February 2, 2010

all about alice

This week I've decided to re-read Alice in Wonderland in preparation for Tim Burton's soon to be released film adaptation of the quirky classic. I wasn't really into what Burton did with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and so my expectations are kind of..meh. From what I've seen so far the film is a far cry from the whimsical technicolour of the beloved Disney version. Think dark and eerie (Johnny...you've never looked so creepy) and a little bit too CGI for my liking.

However, revisiting the book has been quite magical. I've fallen down the rabbit hole (if you will) and am a little bit obsessed with all things Alice. I've been after the white-rabbit's pocket watch for a while and now I'm on the look out for the perfect mary-janes to pair with some white knee highs. and a ribbon in my hair. Also, if anyone is in possession of a comically oversized hat I'd love to host an afternoon tea party to celebrate my upcoming unbirthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment