February 3, 2010

fashion recycling

It was only a matter of time. Leggings, grungy plaid, Doc Martens and now the iconic Club Monaco crest sweater have all made a triumphant return. I can remember owning this ubiquitous item in no less than three different colours as part of a rather unfortunate grade school uniform that would have made Blossom proud. Now, I doubt i'll be resurrecting all of my brand-whore logo apparel from the 90s (anything with G.A.P. emblazoned on the front can remain safely in the murky depths of my basement closet) but these grey sweats look too cozy to resist. And while I generally don't wear anything sweatshirt-like outside of the gym, a ski hill, or my bedroom I might just make an exception for this little piece of grade-five nostalgia. Just promise to stop me when I start touting the virtues of the velvet scrunchie.

1 comment:

  1. i am sporting a grey crew-neck this minute!

    ohh, those club monaco sweatshirts- they dominated my grade school wardrobe as well. (forest, navy, and white!)

    ReplyDelete