May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I know everyone says that their mom is their best friend, but do you know what - I think if they met my mom SHE would be their best friend. Since I was two weeks old my mom has been my traveling companion; 24 years on and our family adventures haven't stopped. We share a love of flat whites, antler chandeliers, cowboy boots, white wine, and seeing the world. I'll spend my life trying to be as cool as her.

Sometimes we don't get to spend holidays together, so it's pretty extra special when we do.

Happy Mother's Day Mom... thank you for letting me ride kangaroos before I was even old enough to know I wanted to.

5 comments:

  1. the kangaroo is priceless.
    these pictures are fantastic. we both have such beautiful mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed - with such fantastic 80's wardrobes that I wish hadn't been thrown away

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best daughter - best friend anyone could wish for. You were so adorable on the kangaroo. Now post the pic of you riding the elephant 24 years later! What's next, maybe a camel in the aussie outback. Watch this space! Much love "Mummy"

    ReplyDelete
  4. your mom is awesome. I agree.

    I also have the steep task of trying to live up to the coolness of my mom. how will we do it Napes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh - this is so cute Jess!!
    When you were a baby, you looked so much like your Dad and also like my Mum - though I guess that's not altogether surprising.
    Can't wait to see you!! xxx

    ReplyDelete