May 11, 2010

shabby chic

After ten months in the suburbs, two weeks of apartment hunting and countless hours of arguing my boyfriend and I have finally found a place to call home (starting June 1st that is). While it's a bit more condoland than exposed brick loft I'm still dreaming up all sorts of fabulous ways to decorate our new pad - because clearly I get to make all the decisions on that front. And there is nothing better than starting with a blank canvas.

Rachel Ashwell (miss Shabby Chic) just released a new design book that has me all kinds of inspired. Vintage furnishings, frilly linens and peonies aplenty define this decidedly girly style, something that I might not be able to get away with in my new co-ed habitat. Ah well, a girl can dream. Regardless of my new roommate I still plan on incorporating plenty of florals and working exclusively with a palate of whites, french blue and greige.

2 comments:

  1. yumm I want to eat this colour. Its my favourite too - how many of my greige accessories are you going to "borrow" for your new pied a tier in the city? I am jealous of your blank slate. Have fun aplenty. And I just adore the floral painted chest on the blog site. I have an old english chest just waiting for a makeover - I am inspired! xoxoxox GN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I would kill for that bed. You will have to post pics of your decorating!!!!

    ReplyDelete