May 18, 2010

white wedding

To paraphrase Billy Idol, it was a nice day for a fake wedding.

While Katie has been out and about finding hidden treasures around Korea I have been up to something slightly more bizarre. Yesterday I followed my friend Amy around Toronto while she and a cast of characters posed for wedding photos with (sometimes less than) willing members of the public.

Take note: Amy did not actually get married.

All of this buffoonery was in the name of shameless promotion for wedding-themed programming on Slice. You don't watch? You should. I'm not even going to try and pretend that Rich Bride, Poor Bride isn't one of my guilty indulgences every once in a while. So, I invited myself to tag along on this hilarious outing to snap shots for my photography class and more importantly, for my own amusement. There is nothing like crazed people in costume making a scene in Yonge and Dundas square. My favourite part might have been when well intentioned Chinese business men posed for photos with the 'happy couple' and then gifted the entire wedding party with carefully wrapped "presents from China." Did they just have these on hand in case they bumped into a newly married pair on the street?

Amy and her fuchsia clad bridal party will be running around the city handing out bubbles and embarrassing themselves wholeheartedly for the next seven days. Let me know if you spot them!

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record...they were Police men from China... and the city of Toronto need not invest money in cleaning its streets as I have done so with my wedding dress. The bottom of it is now blackened with sidewalk dirt.


    Also...my bridesmaid found a bug in the tulle skirt today. Evidently I'm a walking fly-trap. And I've danced in the streets to "Shout" by the Isley brothers, a record of 17 times in the past two days. AND I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shots...and an amazing promotional event.
    I love slice.

    so cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete