May 16, 2010

take note: stationery shops in hongdae

Along with exciting vintage, Hongdae is also home to two wonderful stationery stores. They're conveniently located about a block apart from each other, across the road from the Aland.

1. Oval

Ooooh, this store is the best. It's discretely hidden up an alley, and I was so happy to find it. Oval has an exceedingly well curated selection of cards, antiques, notebooks, and magazines, most of which are imported from Germany and Japan. I love, love their calendar, which my boyfriend insists will be easy to recreate once we get back to Canada.


2. Spring Come, Rain Fall

I went into this store on my first ever trip to Hongdae, which was almost ten months ago. I remember being so excited by the selection and hoped it was a taste of what I could find in Seoul (it was). The woman who works there is lovely (and always pleasantly chatting away on the phone). The store exclusively sells O-Check Designs (which I love - and so does my mother) - I am so buying that deer figurine before I move back home.

There are many great little stationery stores in Seoul, but none that I find as charming and special as these two.

3 comments:

  1. Just pretty. Pretty pretty pretty everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps your love of stationery shops started with Mrs. Leonard's Rainbow Connection. Do you remember the handmade personalized stationery she made for you and how she wrapped it so beautifully. I too love stationery shops and was delighted to see pictures of the charming shops in Korea. The colourful tape no doubt came from one of them.

    ReplyDelete