May 15, 2010

zero per zero

We make a happy life.
Have a talk and feeeeel love.

I picked up Korean design duo Zero Per Zero's Seoul Railway Map a few months ago in Hongdae, as my previous subway map had been overworked to the point where it had given up and ripped into four sad, separate pieces. The pair was inspired by the Tae-Geuk mark of the national flag of Korea, creating a beautiful, design-savvy way of getting around the bustling metropolis. They also have designed equally eye-catching and thoughtful maps for NYC, Tokyo, Osaka, Barcelona, and Hokkaido.

On a side:

I'll be doing a series of posts about my favourite neighbourhoods in Seoul, as I will be moving back to Canada in a few short months and I want to share what I love about this fantastic city with you before I leave.

and

Thank you so much to Laura at See Hear Say for the wonderful post about our little blog. What a nice surprise :)

3 comments:

  1. I love Zero per Zero maps too! I have their Seoul, Tokyo & New York maps :) Bought them at Sangsangmadang in Hongdae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's the name. I couldn't remember what the store was called - I bought mine there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get up every morning to see what you have been experiencing in Korea--in a way I feel like a bit of a traveller too as I can just imagine your excitment as you find all of these hidden gems. I would love to own a New York map.

    ReplyDelete