September 21, 2009

Made for Suede

Somehow the weather in TO is still (miraculously) hovering in the twenties but I'm desperate to get involved in some fall fashion trends. So while the continuous sunshine is debunking my efforts to try out faux fur accents and thigh high boots, I've decided that it's definitely time for my finger tips to make the transition from summer brights to darker fall/winter shades. This weekend my friend Jill, a fellow nail polish junkie, informed me that OPI recently introduced a new re-release collection entitled OPI Suede. And if the word 'suede' makes you think soft and fuzzy, think again. This new collection reworks OPI's popular colours of the past and gives them a new iridescent quality. The polishes can be worn alone for a matte-like shimmer or with a glossy topcoat that'll really make the glitter shine.

Colours from top left: You Don’t Know Jacques, Russian Navy, Lincoln Park After Dark, OPI Ink,
We’ll Always Have Paris, and Suzi Skies In The Pyrenees


Similar to this summer's matte collection these six polishes make us see our old favourites in an entirely new (and in this case, extremely sparkly) light. The suede polish offers a unique look and texture, but be warned - like the matte this polish will chip easily so be prepared to touch up when necessary.

The suede collection is proof that sequins are back and its not just our clothes that are getting in on the sparkly fun. And while nails that glitter like a disco ball are a fun trend for fall, they are definitely more of a nighttime look. Although I know that the shimmer and shine wont stop some of us from sporting these Vegas-like nails 9-5 all season long.

3 comments:

  1. OHHH love the shoutout!

    i think i might just have to try this new line next nail appointment (2 weeks) so I'll definitely share with you the pictures!!
    I SAY ... VEGAS NAILS ALL THE TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I read this post right before bed last night and I dreamed about Vegas nails! Except that they were made by MAC makeup and I was an intern there. it was weird, but amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an incredible dream and that would make a fantastic real life job

    ReplyDelete