September 27, 2009

the uniform

the uniform:
An overly oversized jumper or t-shirt that one can wear with shorts, leggings, a skirt, or, if long enough, nothing else at all.

It all started last fall when Jessica and I were perusing the sale racks of our beloved H&M. We both spotted this absurdly oversized sweater (pictured above - it seems that Betty loves it, too) and decided that it would be a fun purchase (especially since it was under $20 bucks). I ended up wearing mine so much that my boyfriend coined it as 'the uniform'. Now, whenever I go shopping, I'm always on the hunt for a new uniform. In my opinion, H&M still has the best ones (my lovely striped jumper and equally pretty cream/black number are also from there).

In Korea (where H&M won't open until March 2010 - gahhh), I've resorted to American Apparel for indulging my 'uniform' addiction. It may just be 'overpriced cotton', but I can't really complain about the cost of these two recent buys as I love them too much. The Uniform works well dressed up, dressed down and is perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon, like today.

1 comment: