September 26, 2009

Missed Connections


It probably says a lot about my social life, or lack of one, but one of my favourite online activities is checking out the 'missed connections' listings on Craigslist. While everyone's favourite communal classifieds site can be creepy at times (a brief browse in the personals section will confirm this), there is something kind of romantic about reading people's brief little love letters to complete strangers. I love that in a city of however many millions, people who exchange brief smiles on a streetcar can still hope to find one another again through the magic of the Internet.

Here are a few of my favourite 'missed connections' that I spotted today...

"I was siting behind you on the street car around 11am this morning heading west.
I talked to you for a moment. You said you've been on a lot of subways around the world. You're very sweet."

"this monday you had on these hot yellow shoes, a t-shirt, and ripped dirty blue jeans. you were walking in trinity bellwoods park at around 7:30 am with a cute dog and a coffee that was spilling all over the place. i was biking to work. you didn't notice me, but in case you caught me staring...
you are fucking gorgeous."

"I see you everyday, wake up to you every morning and you are the breath of fresh air anyone would need in any morning, good or bad. you live on Myrtle ave and you are the most wonderful lady"

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE THESE.
    so pretty.
    I want someone to write one about me!!

    ReplyDelete