January 27, 2010

once wed

I spent a couple of weekends this month working at wedding shows. The vendors at these horrible conventions walk the line between cheesy and super tacky. Needless to say the greasy DJs from Woodbridge and hideous bridal shoes (bedazzled wedge sandles?) induced plenty of mouth vomit.

While the work was grueling (stuffing gift bags, handing out magazines) and the brides were 'zilla-esq, the whole experience didn't turn me off weddings entirely. What can I say, I guess I'm a romantic. This blog reminds me just how beautiful and unique weddings can/should be. The photos of real weddings are charming and simple and the DIY wedding projects are so adorable.

4 comments:

  1. 'once wed' is so beautiful.
    also, i was just about to add 'cereal for lunch' to my likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious...i just had two bowls of rice crispies and am now off to bed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered from one of my co-workers a wonderful new cereal found in the baby section of your grocery store that tastes just like banana bread but without the calories. You should check it out

    ReplyDelete