January 27, 2010

takashi homma

Takashi Homma’s own “I love my daughter very much. I love Tokyo very much.” declaration is probably the key to reveal the connection between the graceful and intimate sequence of images depicting Homma’s daughter and the city of Tokyo. With his incredible touch and distance he again creates a special world of his own, documenting his daughter from being a toddler to a young little girl through the everyday places in and around their life.
(about Homma's 'Tokyo and My Daughter')

Homma is renowned for his subdued Tokyo landscapes, but his portraits of Japanese youth are possibly even more affecting. The way he captures contemporary childhood is stunningly candid, instilling in the viewer a strong nostalgia for endless wonder– underlined by a sense of deep disquiet.

(We Love You So)


I spotted this beautiful book over at We Love You So and now wish it was part of my library, as it combines both my love of adorable children and the sprawling, inspiring cityscape I can't wait to explore come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment