November 7, 2009

da kink in my hair

"the 'do in question showcases unruly, voluminous, semi-kinked locks, and it's currently being worn by everyone"
Who What Wear

Ever since I permanently burned three small dots into my arm during a tri-barreled crimping iron mishap on New Years Eve '06 (I believe) I have had a very strong aversion to the idea of rocking this electric shock hairstyle...and obviously have since never attempted to wield a heated hair tool of any kind while drinking a glass (or four) or wine. However...I'm thinking it's time to get back in the crimped hair game and test out a kinky 'do...perhaps tonight even. Although (in order to avoid more permanent body scar situations) I'll try and do it the au-natural way ... if I can find anyone willing to braid my locks for the next hour and a half.

2 comments:

  1. oh, that tri-barrel scar! i had forgotten about that.

    i've been a bit bored of WWWD lately, but was super happy when this little installment came into my email!!! you know how i love big hair/the 80s.
    remember when i used to curl my hair into oblivion during undergrad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, where will you be taking the lovely crimped 'do this evening?

    ReplyDelete