November 18, 2009

Snow white

photos via

I'm not sure who came up with the whole "no white after Labour Day" rule but I'm pretty sure they're an idiot. After a glancing at these whimsical snowflake-esq pieces I'm 100% in favour of all sorts of winter whites - especially those of the frilly variety. Piling on romantic ruffles in ivory, cream, and mother of pearl seems like a clean and refreshing alternative to the sparkle and shine routine of the festive season - not that I'm going to give up wearing sequins any time soon. At the risk of looking too bridal I'd opt for a shorter version of the pouffy white dress for any upcoming holiday parties. You know what would be perfect summer/winter double duty number...that Chanel dress Marissa Cooper wore to prom oh-so-many years ago. Remember?

3 comments: