November 14, 2009

a nice day for a white wedding

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a Korean wedding in Seoul. It was so lovely, although not at all what I would want for my own wedding, as it was quite a production. Pre-ceremony, the bride sat primly on a chaise lounge and guests had the opportunity to snap pictures. The ceremony itself was broadcasted on big screens in case you got stuck with bad seats, so it was a bit like watching reality tv/concert (and even though I didn't understand a word of what was going on, I cried throughout the whole thing anyways). Afterwards, a huge lunch buffet (complete with bottomless soju) was shared amongst the various other weddings taking place that day. It was all very... efficient. If I were to ever get married, I would want to do what my parents and josephine de la blume/mark ronson did: have a low key, intimate ceremony outside with close friends. I'm in no hurry to tie the knot, but I do love the idea of marriage, and quirky, outdoor weddings (and of course, I would want this song playing as I walked down the aisle).

No comments:

Post a Comment