November 17, 2009

Regretsy

Who wants a baby Meerkat Jesus for Christmas?

I am a not so secret lover of all things crafty. As such, I often find myself browsing Etsy for handmade hairbands and one of a kind accessories. While I've never actually bought anything, on more than one occasion I've noticed some really, really weird stuff for sale on this DIY marketplace. And apparently I'm not the only one. Today's Toronto Star had little piece about Regretsy, a hilarious blog that pokes some serious fun at the strangest crafts that Etsy has to offer. The site's curators offer scathingly witty commentary on the absurd and often disturbing handmade items; organizing them into categories that range from jewelery and clothing to Twilight and vaginas. My personal favourites just in time for the holidays - an HIV clock and a pair of sex and the city earrings crafted with cutout photos of the ladies' faces. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. omg the HIV clock is hilarious. I should get that for mom!

    and ... have we missed this year's one-of-a-kind? if not ...want to go again?

    ReplyDelete