October 14, 2009

1,000 Awesome Things

Everyone (especially Katie and I) loves a good blogging turned book deal success story. That’s why I was super pleased to learn that one of my favourite blogs, 1000 Awesome Things (my go to pick me up out of my weekly I’m unpaid & living in my parents’ house pity party) has recently been blessed by the publishing gods. Following in the footsteps of fellow Toronto blogger Christian Lander (of Stuff White People Like fame) Neil Pasricha’s unapologetically optimistic countdown of all of life’s mundane wonders will be printed, bound and probably on my coffee table within the coming months.

1,000 Awesome Things, which Pasricha started in June 2008, has been counting down silly and smile inducing things every day for over a year now. The blog has only reached #650 so far – meaning that there are still hundreds of everyday bits of happiness to celebrate.

Here are some of my personal favourites…

#670 When a stranger walks by and offers to take a photo of you and the person you’re with

#717 Sleeping with one leg under the covers and one leg out

#720 The final seconds of untangling a really big knot

#756 Getting the booth side of a restaurant table


#858 The other side of the pillow

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, I love all of those! I'm going to check out this blog immediately.

    ReplyDelete