October 29, 2009

Bizarre Bazaar



Check out more of these hauntingly weird and wonderful photos here.

It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that Halloween is definitely one of my absolute favourite holidays. Not only does it involve copious amounts of chocolate consumption (those costco sized boxes of chocolates never seem to actually make it to any of the kids in my neighbourhood) but it's pretty much a world-wide theme party that almost everyone chooses to participate in. So in all my excitement surrounding big day/weekend I thought it absolutely necessary that I share with you this strange Tim Burton-esq fashion editorial from the October issue Harper's Bazaar. I can't tell whether I'm loving it or completely creeped out - maybe a bit of both - and of course (shock me, shock me) bunny ears make yet another predictable appearance.

The editorial is part Halloween fashion vignette part promo for Burton's upcoming retrospective exhibit at the MOMA. How cool does this sound...

"Following the current of his visual imagination from early childhood drawings through his mature work, the exhibition presents artwork generated during the conception and production of his films, and highlights a number of unrealized projects and never-before-seen pieces"

Come November I'll be wishing I could hop on a plane to NYC faster than you can say Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

No comments:

Post a Comment