October 18, 2009

an education

Based on Nick Hornby's (of much loved High Fidelity and About a Boy) adaptation of a memoir by Lynn Barber, An Education is a coming-of-age story, set in early sixties London, about a 16 year old girl who is swept away (to Paris, no less) by an older man. I desperately want to see this movie (which also stars Emma Thompson and Peter Sarsgaard, who plays the older suitor - remember him from Garden State?). Interview Magazine talked to director Lone Scherfig about leading lady Carey Mulligan - you can read the piece here. Has anyone seen this film and can confirm its amazingness?

3 comments:

  1. I've been dying to see this film, but completely forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Sarsgaard was dope but Carey Mulligan stole the show. Only complaint was that they wrap everything up a bit abruptly at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. I just found a copy! I'm going to finally watch it tonight - thanks for reminding me, Brandon xo

    ReplyDelete