October 20, 2009

she's a, a diva

Confession: I sort of love Beyonce. This not-really-guilty pleasure began with Destiny's Child - 'No, No, No', 'Bills, Bills, Bills', 'Say My Name' and even 'Independent Women' and 'Survivor' - really, the list goes on ('Dangerously in Love', 'Nasty Girl', 'Emotions'...). Then her solo career brought about probably the best dance song ever, 'Crazy in Love' (and that incomparable booty shake). I also love that she's married to Jay-Z, and never made a huge public fuss about it. She's got some pretty fierce dance moves and some equally fierce curves and fashion sense (metal gloves, lots of fringe, armour, catsuits). Not to mention her amazing break-up anthem, 'Irreplaceable'. I also can't get enough of the incredibly cheesy 'Halo' (and know a few other friends who, too, like to indulge). Plus, she sang (and cried) at Obama's inauguration. Beyonce is performing tonight in Seoul and I'm so sad that I will be missing it due to work - I've heard she puts on quite the show. Oh and of course I love 'Single Ladies' (because really, who doesn't). Ms. Knowles certainly knows how to work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment