October 31, 2009

roald dahl


Roald Dahl's writing room - read about it here.

Growing up, I loved Roald Dahl - his books (along with Judy Blume's, Laura Ingalls Wilder's, Ann M. Martin's et al.) are pretty much the reason I became such a bookworm. Matilda was, of course, my favourite, but all of his others are terrific. It's no surprise then, that many of his books have been turned into films - The Witches (which used to terrify me to no end), James and the Giant Peach, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Matilda (am I forgetting any?). The newest project? Fantastic Mr. Fox will hop onto the big screen this November. Why am I excited? It's directed by Wes Anderson (!!!), and Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman (!!!), Meryl Streep, George Clooney, and Owen Wilson are all lending their voices. I can't get over how, well, fantastic the combination of Roald Dahl + Wes Anderson + Jason Schwartzman is.


4 comments:

  1. I love Wes Anderson! Thank god Tim Burton did not get his hands on this.

    p.s Matilda rocks my socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The witches was on tv the other day!!

    It gives me the heeby jeebs, but I love it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. only to be matched by the quirky talents of quentin blake.

    ReplyDelete