October 26, 2009

on the mark

"I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking pictures of your feet."
- Charlotte, Lost in Translation

I feel as though I'm having a bit of a photography phase at the moment, living in a foreign country and all - and while I enjoy it, I do feel most of my pictures are a bit mediocre - namely because all I want to photograph is food. Someone whose photographs are a far cry from mediocre? Stacey Mark - she takes the dreamiest pictures (and used to be the Photo Director for Nylon). She first tried her hand at photography during a trip to the Toronto Film Festival, where she shot actress/director Asia Argento:

"Asia had no idea that I'd never shot a photo before. She looked at me as she would look at a photographer - she looked at me with trust, and through her eyes, I became a photographer"
-
Stacey Mark

Her clients include Kate Bosworth, Lula Magazine, Juliette Lewis, Bazaar UK, and many more. So lovely.



1 comment: