October 23, 2009

natalie portman

Um, how great is Natalie Portman? I finally saw New York, I Love You last night, which, I'm sorry to say, didn't quite measure up to its predecessor, Paris Je T'aime. However, there were some exceptional moments, and Ms. Portman provided two of them, both in the vignette she starred in, Mira Nair, and the short she wrote and directed. I love Natalie Portman for obvious reasons: Garden State, Closer, Where the Heart Is, the whole Harvard thing, how she can rock a shaved head (I even loved V for Vendetta), The Darjeeling Limited and Hotel Chevalier, Paris Je T'aime.... the list goes on (except for The Other Boleyn Girl....yuck). I especially love her interview from September's Interview where she talks with Jake Gyllenhaal about ice cream, My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch dolls, and, best of all, her affection for dirty rap:

GYLLENHAAL: What song best describes your current state?

PORTMAN: My current state . . . I’m trying to think of a song that feels like sleepwalking. [laughs] I don’t know. I’ve mostly been listening to dirty rap lately. That’s sort of my scene.

GYLLENHAAL: Your affection for dirty rap is something that people really don’t know about you, which I think is fascinating. You do incredible things for the world, and then you listen to just completely obscene hip-hop music.

PORTMAN: Really, really obscene hip-hop. I love it so much. It makes me laugh and then it makes me want to dance. Those are like my two favorite things, so combined . . . I’ve been listening a lot lately to “Wait (The Whisper Song)” by the Ying Yang Twins, where the lyrics are like, “Wait ’til you see my dick”—which is just amazing because it’s whispered. [whispers] “Wait ’til you see my dick . . . ” [laughs] Crazy. So I just listen to it like I’m a five-year-old, like, “Oh my god! I can’t believe he just said that!”

You can read the rest of the interview here. You can also watch her spout some dirty rap of her own here (I just watched it again and was giggling - she's so cute!).

No comments:

Post a Comment