October 19, 2009

city guides


Before I moved to Korea, I ordered a copy of the Seoul City Guide from the art-and-design savvy Phaidon Press. It has proved to be quite handy thus far, leading me to some pretty aesthetically pleasing sights (art galleries galore!). The Phaidon City Guides are compact, come in bright, fun colours (which doesn't hurt the bookshelf) and each book really does boast the best places each city has to offer, from restaurants, to hotels, to shopping. I especially like them because they've been edited down so nicely that you don't have to sift through pages of hit-or-miss touristy places - you can just head straight to the good stuff. They're quite reasonably priced (about 10 bucks a pop) and I highly recommend investing in one if you're planning a trip - I've got the Tokyo and Bangkok editions heading my way.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh, i loveeeee those city guides! maybe we can trot around some amazing international cities some day soon with one (avec napes of course).
    ps: had locke street bagel yesterday. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hate heather so much for getting Locke Street without me if I didn't love her so much for suggesting an international adventure

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am just desperately missing locke street bagel!

    ReplyDelete