October 10, 2009

manhattan melodies + i ♥ hot dogs


Welcome to New York City, welcome to New York City! There's no questions about it: Jim Henson's The Muppets Take Manhattan lives in the upper echelon of my favourite childhood films (along with The Neverending Story, Mary Poppins, and The Sound of Music). I certainly love all of the Muppet movies (especially A Muppet Family Christmas, with the icy patch that everyone wipes out on), but this one is definitely movie magic at its best. The cameos! Rizzo the Rat is a chef! Piggy and Kermit get married! I haven't seen it in ages, but this seriously cool blog reminded me of my love for Kermit, the gang, and their quest to make it big on Broadway. I ♥ Hot Dogs has delightful film grabs from a wide range of movies (think Airplane to The Blue Lagoon to The Outsiders), and funny, snarky, reviews ("Let's get one thing straight: If you're not down with the Muppets, then you're a complete asshole"). I think a movie marathon is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment