October 30, 2009

"I learned French for you!"

It seems that this week I've taken to watching movies that defined my early teenage years. On this particular rainy Saturday morning, I indulged in another favourite, 10 Things I Hate About You. I love this movie for its over-the-top romantic gestures (especially when Heath Ledger serenades Kat on the bleachers). And when Joseph Gordon Levitt (how cute is he?) desperately tries to woo Bianca by becoming her French tutor (even though he doesn't speak a lick of the language). It reminds me that it's things like this in a relationship that I appreciate most. Romance in the way of little notes and serenading, inside jokes and fun, quirky things (paintball, anyone?) are way better than a bunch of over-the-top gifts.

Also, the scene where Kat table dances to the Notorious BIG's 'Hypnotize' is probably the highlight of the whole movie.

1 comment:

  1. I have watched this movie more times than I can remember! It's just so good-- easy to watch, perfect hangover movie and there are so many well-known actors in it, before they were well-known!

    That table dance scene kills me.

    ReplyDelete